the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Saturday, July 11, 2009

My first last class

...was maybe the hardest.

Yesterday was my last class with a class of freshman who I've been teaching since they were in junior high.  They're pretty good at English, and we've talked about how I'll write to them after I leave, etc.  I passed a notebook around and they signed their emails and stuff so we can stay in touch.  We watched Hannah Montana.  They've been asking for that since last year.

When I dismissed them, they refused to leave!  I almost cried when I saw their faces.  I got them to leave by promising them I'd spend extra time at their stand at the school festival (which I will do). School festival will be pretty hard too.  Great, but hard.  You know what I mean.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

I completely know how that feels. Man, I still miss my students. I hope that yours keep in touch with you. I still keep in touch with some of mine, and it's always exciting to hear from them.

I'm still praying for you.

Nick

7/11/2009 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home