the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Christ is one, but...

Here we go again. MG, who was dismissed by the principal on Friday is coming again today at about 10am. I talked to the chaplains about it this morning.

The high school chaplain already had his business card from the principal. She saw the word "evangelical" on it and dismissed it immediately. When I tried to talk to her about it, she said, "This school is UCCJ. He's an evangelical. We have our differences and we have nothing to talk to him about."

"Christ is one!"

"...but we have our differences."

"You could at least meet him."

"I'm busy today. I have a lesson at that time."

We (Christianity in Japan) can't afford to nurse these petty differences. :(

For what it's worth. This is only one step away from her attitude when my UCCJ bosses came from Tokyo and she was "busy".

The junior high chaplain is more open to at least meeting MG. Since he isn't the religion department chair, he really can't do much. But it's a start.

UPDATE: on top of that, I just went into the teacher's office to talk to another teacher, and she didn't have a lesson! When I asked her about it she said, "Oh, sorry. I REALLY thought I had a lesson but I didn't." Isn't that convenient?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home