the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Friday, April 10, 2009

A quote from my supervisor in Japan

This really helped me when I was (recently) struggling with internal politics.  It isn't the first time I've had such a conversation, but it was perhaps the most clearly articulated statement I've heard yet.

"...the reason that I have stayed all these years is not because I believe in the church/institution and it's effectiveness at evangelism. Rather, I have stuck around because I value the people I've met -- the real body of Christ.

...

it's difficult for me to equate my lack of confidence in the institution with the people that I meet and deal with every day. I'm not enamored of the church as an institution, but I do love and admire many with whom I work."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home