the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Thursday, December 04, 2008

It'd be a shame

Last night the school staff had a bowling tournament followed by an "End
of the Year" party. It's a little early but whatever. We bowled two
rounds. In the first round our team had one great frame where we all got
strikes. But more score that round hardly cleared 100. In the second
round I had one of the best games of my life, I scored 184. (Thanks for
teaching me how to bowl Mr. Webber)

In his speech at the begining of the year end party, the principal said,
"I think it's great that were all here together like a family. That was
a great high-score Nick had. I think it'd be a shame if he wasn't here
to play next year."

I've been looking for a reason to stay here next year, but somehow the
bowling tourney isn't at the top of my priority list.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie (and John) Elliot said...

Well, I don't know if you should stay or not but I can give you a better reason than bowling...

Daughter #1 up in Sapporo reports that one of your Seiai students told her you were the only teacher at the school who acted like a Christian. This might not be fair to the other Christian teachers but it does say something positive about your testimony there.

12/06/2008 11:50 PM  
Blogger NB said...

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

It is true that most of the "Christian" teachers at Seiai live in seclusion. Mostly because they don't get a long or because they have some personal problem they don't want to talk about. I wonder what will happen there when all the Christian teachers here really do retire.

Fighting a losing battle with practically no help? やだ

I think this is one of the other reasons I've been down lately.

12/07/2008 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home