the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What are you up to?

Last week we had a meeting where the subject was disciplinary and
academic problems - among others. I heard the head of our grade say,
"The students this year are horrible, but next year and the year after
they'll only get worse." (And then they wonder why I'm not staying
another year. That'll be my next blog entry, hopefully it'll be more
thought out and well rounded then.)

I have only a month of two left with my third grade high schoolers
before they graduate (or rather are given official time off from school
to get ready for college entrance exams), and it's crept up on me.

We have a speech contest this week on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.
Trading classes (there are no subteachers here) for that proved to be a
pain in the butt. But speech contest is a great chance to see students
outside the classroom.

In the classroom last week many different (usually well behaved) classes
seemed to have a spout of not listening to me.

Tomorrow I'm having dinner with T&A. Next week our bosses from Tokyo are
coming to visit! That week is also when I should start doing final tests
which means I should start writing final tests about now.

The week after I'm going to Sendai for an English teaching conference.
I'm also going to see if I can meet up with some other co-workers and
missionaries while I'm there.

Then comes final tests grading, Christmas, the Christmas pageant, and
maybe going home for Christmas. Then I'll help some local missionaries
with their English camp before going back to school myself.

So, what are you to? That's about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home