the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Sunday, April 13, 2008

I didn't do anything!

This is so cool. I was at English Fellowship tonight. A woman I know
from Japanese class came for the first time.

At the meal she asked me a million questions about Christianity. "Why do
you pray for other people?" "What is the meaning of Christianity?" "Why
can there be only one God?" "Why are you Christian?" "Can't people be
good by themselves?" "Why are Catholics and Protestants separate?"

Together with the pastor, I gave my testimony, shared all kinds of
Biblical truth. At the end I asked if she was interested in reading the
Bible. She said yes and I lent her my Bible.

I didn't do anything! She just came, sat down and asked me questions! I
was just there. "Always be ready to give a reason for the faith you have."

At the missionary meeting in Tokyo we were talking about tiring
ourselves out doing what we think God wants, but if we just sit and wait
- and keep our eyes open - God will give us something. I couldn't really
believe that's what I should be doing when I heard it, but it seems God
has a sense of humor.

These are the times I really love, because it makes me remember why I'm
in Japan.

As always, please pray for Japan.

1 Comments:

Blogger クリス先生 said...

Awesome! I am enjoying your more frequent updates to the blog.

4/13/2008 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home