the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Friday, September 21, 2007

Smoking in the Boys Room

A few weeks ago the student disciplinary department found cigarette
butts under the window of the freshmen boy's bathroom. All the boy's
bathrooms are above each other (on the first, second and third floors),
so we don't know which bathroom they came from.

So, this week all the first year teachers are periodically checking the
boy's bathrooms. After that we check the nurse's office, because that's
a great excuse to skip class and take a detour to the bathroom.

Today was the first time I got to check the bathrooms. It was rather
uneventful. But when I checked the nurse's office, a first year boy was
in there faking sick. Since I'm a male too, she asked me to help get him
off the bed and take him to class.

The whole time I was walking him to class he said, "Ok.. Bye. Bye.
Sensei". He tried to stop at the bathroom, and lockers that weren't his
on the way back to class. The nurse said he always comes in and fakes
sick. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the culprit. He always sleeps in
my class. What a piece of work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home