the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Japanese Goverment Shuffle



I know only 25% percent of my readers can name the current Japanese Prime Minister, so here's a quick catchup:

During the last election, the LDP party lost it's majority in the Upper House of the Parliament. The LDP has been the majority party since the war. This is the first time the LDP has lost control of the Upper House. Which is very exciting in a boring sort of way.

Also, Prime Minister Abe has refused to step down, amid many calls to do so.

I don't know anything about parliamentary government, so I don't know if stepping down in an upset is normal procedure or not. I'm sure everyone in Tokyo is brushing up on their "Robert's Rules of Order" right now. ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home