the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Students and Summer Vacation

Today we watched a play at the Civic Center. All the students came to
the Civic Center by themselves. Of course I don't have a car, so I rode
my bike (like most students do). So on the way home I was riding my bike
home with all the other students.

When I stopped at a stoplight, some of my second year elective boys
asked me if I wanted to go to Mister Donut. I said sure. We had a good
time, and spoke a good amount of English. They all play tennis, and they
have tennis practice during my half-day work weeks over summer vacation.
Our conversation ended with "we'll have to do this again sometime".

Also, one of my elective students and his older girlfriend (she's about
19 years old) invited me to sit with them at "the best spot to see the
Neputa Festival". (The Neputa Festival is a famous summer festival
here). His girlfriend is friends with some of my friends, so we see each
other outside of school every once and a while. It's a little odd, but
they're good kids.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I think it's pretty interesting how easily you can hang with students outside of class. The relationships seem so different from back home. I look forward to getting to know my students well if I teach english for awhile^.^

7/18/2007 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home