the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Monday, June 11, 2007

Good joke

So, this Friday the junior high English teacher went to the hospital. I
found out on Saturday and I sent him an email. The word for hospital in
Japanese is "Byouin", but I misspelled it as "Biyouin" (and the
autocomplete on my cell phone changed it to "美容院") which means hair
salon.

So the email read, "I hear you had to go to the hair salon. I'm sorry to
hear that, get well soon."

And this particular junior high teacher doesn't even have any hair! We
had a good laugh about it this morning. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Nick,
Your blog is so very interesting and fun to read. To hear about your students, your friends, bicycling, hiking, Karaoke, everything! is very uplifting. I appreciate so much your ability to share in a way that allows me to see your new friends with "people to people" eyes. Thanks. You have a gift in your writing. Love, Aunt Vara

7/24/2007 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home