the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Friday, January 26, 2007

Life and Death

Well, it's been a crazy few weeks here at school. Last week a student in
O-sensei's class went to the hospital because her father was dieing. The
funeral was last Friday. But she was in a good homeroom for it.
O-sensei's father died when he was young. If anyone can sympathize with
her, he can.

But this week O-sensei's and his wife had a baby. The wife has been in
the hospital for premature labor since before Christmas, so the healthy
birth is really a relief. The boy was born around dawn on Wednesday. He
was named after the sunrise.

The cycle continues.

In lesser news, I gave third year students their final test this week. I
won't ever see them again, and I'm already missing them more than I
thought I would. I wanted to say something at the end of the test on
Thursday, but their eyes just seemed to say, "Let's go." like they
always do. I usually say, "See you later" at the end of class, but that
day I just said, "goodbye."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home