the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Japanese Culture


One of the lesser known parts of Japanese culture is winter residential life. This is a kerosene powered space heater that comes with a tea pot. So you can boil the water for your tea while you heat the room. This particular heater is in the teacher's office.

Also, yesterday, I tried to visit a friend in a rural village. I was going to try and navigate this train map and schedule to get there. I thought I'd be fashionably late. I also thought that the train would leave at least every ten minutes.

But I was very wrong. I came to find out the second to last train had already left at about 7:30 PM, and the next train to this village would be leaving at 9:10 PM. This train was also the last train. Which means I couldn't get back home on the same night. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home