the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Another rant: attendance

So the end of the term is approaching (it's in two days). I have a brown
grading book, and there is also a big blue attendance book in every homeroom

For the first week I didn't know what the big blue book was, so I left
it alone and recorded attendance in my grading book. The next week I
learned that I have to write attendance in the big blue book. Out of
habit, I keep attendance in my grading book as well until midterm.

Now, at the end of the term I learn that along with grades, I have to
report absences for my classes. And this the burning question: "If I
write it once in the big blue book, why do I have to report it AGAIN at
the end of the term?!?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home