the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Mountain


Last Sunday I biked to the major mountain here. It was really hard on the way up, but easy on the way down. I only hiked up to the 300m station (the top is 1800m) because day light was fading. But it was great. Next time I hope I can bring some friends. People on the trail were really nice. I guess hikers are friendly in every nation.

The post next to the lamp says "May Peace Prevail on Earth" in Japanese and English.



This a GIANT stump of a tree at the shrine at the base of the mountain. While I feel odd about visiting the top of the shrine. The fountain is a great place to refill your water. Lots of Japanese hikers do it! That's where I learned.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Aunt Va. said...

Reading a blog is a new experience for me, but it is a wonderful learning device. Your stories and explanations are most interesting and your writing engaging. The humor intertwined is delightful and fun! Thanks for sharing.

10/19/2006 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home