the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Monday, July 03, 2006

Last Day in SF

Today is my last day in SF. Tomorrow I am selling my bike, buying some fireworks, changing my address, and leaving town. It seems like the last few weeks have just flown by.

It's been a great life here, and I learned a lot of things. I learned how to live on my own. I was taught how to be generous. I learned how to be friends with married couples. I learned to widen my definition of "friends" to include people other age groups with different pass times. I learned that I can't do everything myself. I was taught how to live healthy. Maybe someday I will learn to quit being lazy.

But here I sit, alone at Sunday coffee. DK came in, and I got a chance to chat with him before I go. Then JF and IR came in too. It was good to see those guys before I go. I'm going to miss Sunday coffee, after a year I finally know enough people in town that I see some I know here. And now I'm leaving again.

The church is going to pray for me tonight, and I need a little introduction. I'm thinking about something like "I'm going to Japan with just clothes and computer. I have no special knowledge except English and the Gospel. I'm going to be powerless in a foreign country, and I'm really looking forward to it." I've been glad to have the support of the church this year, and I'll be glad to have their blessings while I'm there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I was taught how to live healthy." That was obviously me. Haha. JK

sonnyp

7/03/2006 1:02 PM  
Blogger NB said...

Yeah, dude. You were part of it. I don't know why everyone in this town is so into fitness. :)

7/03/2006 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home