the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Friday, July 21, 2006

Finished Visa

I finally got my real visa today. Now I just need to buy a plane
ticket. The Japanese embassy shares a building with an upper class
department store that sells Guchi, Armani and Prada (among others). And
it's also next door to the Disney Store. Isn't that ironic?

I also had the chance to read a Japanese children's manga while I was
waiting for the ambassadors to get back from lunch. The comic was a bit
more scandalous than American children's comics. In one episode a mole
was burrowing to the surface, only to be defecated on by a mother bear.
In another two mating boars where hit by a tree that had been cut down
by a woodpecker.

Tomorrow I'll look into plane tickets. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home