the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Monday, July 24, 2006

The best keitai

I'll soon be in a position where I'll be buying my own keitai (Japanese mobile phone) . Here in America, I can understand the finer details of a cell phone contract. But I don't think I will have that luxury in Japan.

I plan on traveling inside Japan on breaks, so a company with national coverage would be great. The other areas I am interested in are of course, good value and good reception.

My Japanese readers, if you could do me a huge favor, please comment. Which keitai service do you have? DoCoMo? Vodaphone? AU? and why? Which service do you think is best? why? Thank you so much!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is wrong with SoftBank?

8/27/2007 7:28 PM  
Blogger NB said...

Dear Anonymous

This post was a long time ago. Back then Softbank was a company called Vodafone.

I actually ended up going with Vodafone (now Softbank), which seemed to be the middle of the road in price and quality.

However, recently AU has upped it's services, and if I had it to do all over again, I'd choose AU because they're cheap and reliable.

Also, be sure to ask if your phone model has a long battery life and good reception. Those are two things my current model is a little lacking on.

Good luck!

8/28/2007 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home