the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Congratulations

I've had some many people tell me things like, "Congratulations. I wish I could go on a trip like that.", "I am so jealous. You'll have to send me a post card." And while I love the position I'm in, I'm also kind of jealous of the lives these people lead.

They have a relative amount of security and foundation. They usually have a spouse and maybe even some children. I'm jealous because they don't have torn priorities. They aren't wondering whether to invest more in their friends here, or whether to prepare to leave.

I am really looking forward to arriving at my school in Japan. Then I can focus on my students, and my work. Then I can start building relations with my co-workers and neighbors without wondering if I should be doing something else.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

7/04/2006 12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

7/21/2006 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home