the nikku

reflecting on ESL/EFL and its relation to faith

Sunday, May 14, 2006

The bike


Here in SF I got my oil changed this week. The dealership told me that I need to spend $300 on a new front passenger side CV joint (I got a second opinion that ranged from $150-$190) or my front right tire "might fall off". Hopefully it will last the next six weeks until I go home and sell the car for scrap.

So instead of buying a new CV joint, I bought a bike from a pawn shop my friend JS works at. It was only $40, and it's a Schwinn. I had to invest another $5 in a intertube for the back tire, but that's okay.

The ride from home to the Fitness Center was only 15 min (compared to a 10 min drive). And hopefully the ride to work will be less than half an hour. It's been cold, windy and rainy since I bought the bike, so I haven't had a chance to try. SF is only 7 miles East to West, and 5 miles North to South. So really I should be able to get anywhere in about an hour. I could even pay a dollar and hop on a city bus if I get in a hurry.

And I also get some exercise while enjoying the lack of traffic on the sidewalks.

Anybody need a bike at the end of June? I can't take it with me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

7/21/2006 8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

7/22/2006 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home